Thursday, October 6, 2016

Custom dog coats! Why settle for cookie cutter dog clothes?

Custom Dog Coats created by
Made by De



I started my business, Made by De, to fill a need.  

Before there was Made by De, I was helping a friend sell some dog clothes online.  Every day I would have someone tell me something to the effect of "I have this dog who.........".  Maybe they were an odd mix.  Maybe they were a breed of dog that is difficult to fit with the standard pet store clothes (thinking dachshund, bulldog, pug.....). Maybe they had a special need.

I started making coats for these people and their pups and they would tell their friends that there was someone who could fit their dog.  Someone who could make a coat with the perfect combination of color, features and fit.  I started Made by De and have not looked back. My goal is to provide the best fitting, most comfortable and durable products possible for your pup.

Reasons why you might buy custom.....

1) Convenience.  You can pick up a coat at a pet store or big box store.  Quick, right?  Except you get home and it doesn't fit your pup so you take it back. You take time out to go to the store, shop and return home twice! I can make a coat specifically for your dog using his or her measurements.  It takes about a week plus shipping time, but it fits!  You are probably actually out less time because you shop online and don't even have to leave the house to get your dog a coat.  Custom is more convenient in the long run.

2) Cost.  You can find inexpensive (cheap) dog clothes.  How long do they last your pup?  Maybe a couple of wearings?  My custom dog coats are made of quality fabrics and notions.  Sewn with attention to durability, comfort and looks.  They cost a bit more than a coat from a big box store, but if you only buy one instead of several, the cost is actually less.

3) Features. At the pet store, they have a selection of coats.  But what if they don't have the color you want in the size you want for your dog?  What if you want a coat with reflective strips AND a hood but they only have one or the other and maybe not in the size you need.  Custom at Made by De means you get the color you want, the fit your dog wants, the features you want, all in one coat!

4) Fit. If you have a labrador or a chihuahua, you might be able to find a coat to fit at the pet store. But what if you  have one of those difficult to fit breeds, and the coats on hand are either too short but fit around or long enough but too big everywhere else? A Made by De coat is made with the measurements of your dog so it fits all over.  If it fits, your dog will be much more comfortable.

Take a look at my website, www.madebyde.com.  See what I offer, styles, etc. If you have questions, want something different than what is listed, or want to talk to the person behind the product, I can be reached through the website contact page, by email at coatsmadebyde@gmail.com, by phone at 1-307-575-0133, or through one of my social media sites.  No matter how you do it, you always get me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you ever been to a dog show?